Every collector has a whishlist, and so do I. Here’s some machines that I’m looking for.
- SGI Workstations
Indy(acquired 2017) Octane 2(acquired 2017) SGI 230(acquired 2019) Indigo 2(Aqcuired 2021)
- SGI 320
- Next Station and Next Cube
- Early 80s IBM PC
- Sharp PC-3000 &
- external floppy drive still wanted!
- NEC ProSpeed CSX
- The Poqet PC (not to be mistaken with the later Windows CE Pocket PC)
Sony PictureBook(acquired 2020)
- Any sort of Ultra Mobile Computers, like Toshiba Libretto (acquired 2018)
- Mid to Late 2000s Netbooks
- HP Mini
- Sony Vaio VPC-W21C7
- Dell Inspiron Mini
- Compaq machines
Compaq Portable 386(acquired 2021)
- backside expansion chassis still wanted!
Compaq STE(acquired 2021)
- Compaq Portable 486
HP 110 & 110 Plus(acquired 2022) Data General One(acquired 2022)
- Toshiba T1100, T10, Portege, Libretto W100
- Generally, portable computers of the 80s and early to mid-90s era
- Apple machines
- Macintosh Classic /
Classic II(acquired 2021) Mac Cube(acquired 2021) Original iMac G3(acquired 2021)
- Apple PowerBooks of 90s era
- modern post-90s iBook/PowerBook/MacBook generations (some aqcuired 2021)
- Macintosh Classic /
- CP/M machines, like …
Kaypro 2(acquired 2022/07) Osborne 1(acquired 2022/09)
- or the CP/M cartridge for the C64
Altair 8800(replica acquired 2021)
PDP-11(“PiDP-11” replica acquired and built in 2021 & 2022)
- General items
- any original software packages, manual, boxes, floppies, CD-ROMs, etc
Also, I’m looking out for specific replacements parts for current machines in the collection, see the actual pages for details.
Well, yes, the list is long.
If you like to donate something, please go by this premise:
- Is the object still working and in somewhat good shape (lest some minor scuffs and marks, given the age, yes, that’s totally ok)
- If you don’t think about the age, would *YOU* still use the device (because you wouldn’t, if it is totally broken or torn aparat)
- Is it some +/- 40 years to +/- 10 years old (younger maybe ok, but that really needs to be a very special device of it’s own kind … I’m not looking for the 10-gazillionth Dell Latitude everyday-notebook from 2014 …)
- And yes, I do also look for components of all kinds …
- If you are thinking to ask me lots of $$$$: Don’t even bother asking me, sorry. I can’t really spend a fortune on acquisition. So if you want to strike a good deal, you’re better off selling it on eBay then. Free is appreciated, small symbolic price may be ok, depending on what it is and the overall condition.
- If you have something to donate, I’m happy to organize transport, or pay for shipping expenses.