Every collector has a whishlist, and so do I. Here’s some machines that I’m looking for.
- SGI Workstations
Indy(acquired 2017) Octane 2(acquired 2017) SGI 230(acquired 2019) Indigo 2(Aqcuired 2021)
- SGI 320
- I have one, but that was retrofitted to a standard ATX-style PC.
- Still looking around for a vanilla SGI 320 …
NeXT Station(acquired 2023) and NeXT Cube Olivetti Quarderno(acquired 2023)
- Early 80s & 90s IBM PCs
IBM 5150(acquired 2021, see also YT playlist) IBM PC Portable 5155(acquired 2018/09) IBM 5160 PC XT(acquired 2022/09)
- IBM 5170 PC AT
- PS/2 generations
IBM PS/2 P70(acquired 2023)
- 1990s Thinkpads
- Sharp PC-3000 &
- PC-3000 and external floppy drive still wanted!
- NEC ProSpeed CSX
- The Poqet PC (not to be mistaken with the later Windows CE Pocket PC)
Sony PictureBook(yes, the one with Transmeta Crusoe CPU) (acquired 2020)
- but I would like to have another one, as the display is unfortunately broken
- Any sort of Ultra Mobile Computers
- i.e. like Toshiba Libretto (acquired 2018, but looking for spare parts for 100CT models)
- GPD Pocket/Pocket 2
- HP Mini
- Sony Vaio VPC-W21C7
- Dell Inspiron Mini
- MSI Wind U100
- Compaq machines
Compaq Portable 386(acquired 2021)
- backside expansion chassis still wanted!
Compaq STE(acquired 2021)
- Compaq Portable 486
HP 110 & 110 Plus(acquired 2022) Data General One(acquired 2022)
- Toshiba T1100, T10, Portege, Libretto W100
- Generally, portable computers of the 80s and early to mid-90s era
- Apple machines
Classic SE/30(acquired 2023) / Classic II(acquired 2021) Mac Cube(acquired 2021) Original iMac G3(acquired 2021) Original PowerMac Bluew&White G3(acquired 2023)
- Apple PowerBooks of 90s era (some acquired 2023)
- modern post-90s iBook/PowerBook/MacBook generations (some aqcuired 2021)
- CP/M machines, like …
Kaypro 2(acquired 2022/07) Osborne 1(acquired 2022/09) CP/M cartridge for the C64(acquired 2023) Altair 8800(replica acquired 2021)
- Handheld PCs in general, DOS-based but also Windows CE-based
- HP 300LX
- HP Jornada 680 / 720 / 820
PDP-11(“PiDP-11” replica acquired and built in 2021 & 2022) CBM SX-64(acquired 2023)
- Atari STacy
- General items
- any original software packages, manual, boxes, floppies, CD-ROMs, etc
- Other items
- VOBIS/HIGHSCREEN machines, especially a HIGHSCREEN COLANI TOWER (486 or P-60) machine of around 1994/1995
- I’m furtherly looking for a TOWER case machine, preferably with a an early Pentium-generation Mainboard already equipped (Pentium-S 60-200 MHz, so around 1994-1996 period)
- I’m looking for an 8-port VGA KVM (preferrably including the cables) with PS/2 and USB connectors, optional: DVI and audio connectors
Also, I’m looking out for specific replacements parts for current machines in the collection, see the actual pages for details.
Well, yes, the list is long.
If you like to donate something, please go by this premise:
- Is the object still working and in somewhat good shape (lest some minor scuffs and marks, given the age, yes, that’s totally OK)
- Is it defective? It may be OK for me to get it, as I may be able to fix it and make a repair video on my YT channel. Please describe it as accurately as possible, and then we’ll see.
- Is it some ~40 years to ~10 years old?
- Anything more recent than ~10 years may be OK, but I’m rather selective as I’m definitely not looking for the 10-gazillionth Dell Latitude everyday-notebook from 2014 … 😉
- And yes, I do also look for components of all kinds …
- I would love to get my hands onto a floptical drive and disk media
- MO drives and media would be nice too
- Does someone have internal IDE/ATA ZIP drives?
- If you are thinking to ask me lots of $$$$: Don’t even bother asking me, sorry. I can’t really spend a fortune on acquisition. So if you want to strike a good deal, you’re better off selling it on eBay then. Free is appreciated, small symbolic price may be ok, depending on what it is and the overall condition.
- Donators can opt to be mentioned by name on my YT channel
- If you have something to donate, I’m happy to organize transport, or pay for shipping expenses.